Welcome

Welcome

Drawing, "Chicken Thing in a Bear Mask" by Ed Tajchman

Edward Tajchman's "Chicken Thing in a Bear Mask". As I am preparing for the fall semester this summer, (I went back to college a year or so ago), I have been contemplating what kind of concepts and forms I want to create for my second semester of sculpture. I spent a long time running away from education and focusing on my own approach to art. Well, I must say studying sculpture has made me fall in love with art all over again. So, being in heavy brainstorming mode, one of  the front running sketchbook entries to possibly be made into a large sculpture this fall is this guy. A chicken type creature with a long neck and a bear mask on. The shape and texture of chicken and turkey feet (and other similar bird feet) have always fascinated me for some reason. Maybe it's because you can see the link between lizards, dinosaurs and modern birds. Scraps of ancient DNA still present in our world today.

Edward Tajchman © all rights reserved. "Chicken Thing in a Bear Mask"

 
"If one cannot catch a bird of paradise, better take a wet hen." -Nikita Khrushchev