Welcome

Welcome

Natural Tree and Metal Sculpture Installation in Northeastern Kansas

I was riding my mountain bike on a certain series of trails in Northeastern Kansas this past summer, getting lost in the forest - which by the way is one of my favorite things. On one wrong turn I ended up finding quite a pleasant surprise. I had recently been studying sculpture in college, and on this wrong turn I saw a series of very old, rusted, metal automobile frames. The forest must have grown up around these hunks of metal, or just consumed them over the decades. Some of them were literally sunken into the trees and raised off of the ground, hanging in the air. The trees made them a part of themselves over the years. So being someone recently fascinated by studying sculpture, I thoroughly enjoyed this "found art". In fact it still is one of the best sculpture "installations" I have ever seen. You can't recreate decades of natural growth reclaiming and consuming man-made machines.






No comments: