Welcome

Welcome

More Scenes From Amsterdam, Holland

A few articles back I posted a few photos I took while I was in Amsterdam last year. Well I took a whole lot of photos and will be dishing them out here on this blog from time to time, so here is another set. Again, like a lot of my photos I have digitally altered the color, large sized originals are available for a fee, all are copyright by me. The first one below is of a whole lot of bicycles lined up in a row, which you will find all over Holland, school kids don't even take the bus to school, they all ride their bikes.


Next up is a mural I found on one of the walls that comprises the huge maze-like city center. If I had to find it again it could take me hours. But then again by my second day of wandering I was getting the hang of finding my way around a little easier so maybe it wouldn't. Anyways, it says 'amusement' which of course Amsterdam is full of. I don't know who the artist is, it says in tiny print in the corner of the photo but I cannot read it. If you recognize the artist, feel free to comment. I really like this mural, it's got crazy bag people (or maybe they are speakers or robots), a cowgirl, a clown, very cool.



Last but not least is a very common sight in the city, a canal with buildings on either side of the street. The whole city is like a wheel with rings of canals extending throughout the whole area, it's all built on water. I like the digital touch-up I did on this one (originally a day shot) because it somehow for me, captures that feeling I remember of walking around at night, everything kind of hazy (fog and rain) and gloomy, but in a good way. A kind of happy haunted feeling. There is nothing more fun than just chilling and walking around this city and this photo reminds me of that.




No comments: